Old-style Hill Venue meets New-style French Cuisine
The story of Bistro Cacao began between long-time friends Kemal Deger, Harun and Yavuz Bolukbasi. The trio combines Chef Deger’s French culinary abilities and the Bolubaksi Brothers’ restaurant management experience.
Harun and Yavuz Bolukbasi had been looking to expand their network of Turkish restaurants when they stumbled upon a quaint location on Capitol Hill. The spot had been home to Two Quails which closed its doors after more than 20 years of serving the neighborhood. The Bolukbasi brothers immediately understood the value of this unique historic spot but quickly realized that the location was calling for old Europe, not modern Turkey! They envisioned a French bistro that could open its doors to the bustling crowd at lunch time and to Capitol Hill residents for fine dinner and brunch.
Harun and Yavuz called their dear friend and long-time French chef, Kemal Deger. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Bistro Cacao is the third restaurant venture in DC for the Bolukbasi Brothers. Their first concept was Mezè in Adams Morgan which has given Washington, DC a taste of authentic Turkish cuisine and Istanbul nightlife for more than a decade. Their second venture is Ezmè in Dupont Circle which offers select wines and fine small plates.
In Bistro Cacao’s historic location we now invite you to enjoy our new concept of modern bistro-style French cuisine in a romantically charming and comfortable setting blending old France with modern creative touches.
The Art Of French Cooking
- Check, Please! TV Show aired 11/06/2017 http://watch.weta.org/video/30
- Congressman Ross Congratulates Florida Cherry Blossom Princess April, 2016
- Two DC Feb 12, 2012
- Bistro Cacao For Brunch March 13, 2012 by miemo
- Washingtonian, 06/01/2010, Todd Kliman
- Washington Citypaper 06/18/2010, Tim Carman
- The Hill Rag, May 2010, Celeste McCall
- I Am Modern, 01/22/2010, Murat Aksu
- The Epicurianist, 01/10/2010, Alexander
- The Washington Post, 01/2010, Tom Sietsema
- Urban Daddy, 12/22/2009
- Don Rockwell, 12/16/2009
- Don Rockwell, 12/08/2009